Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pi-e-c - e s



                                      
Oh-                                                                                                                                             
darling
I am over
falling for you.            

I miss my own
steady steps,
and my shoulderblades
are exhausted
from being so tense -

I cannot keep praying
to grow a pair of wings
when not even the stars
can keep from falling.

This world be damned
and all the loneliness in it -


I love you, terribly much,
more than any letter
could hope to define.

But I cannot keep writing
to a pair of hands
that will not hold my poetry.

I am leaving, love.
I have crash-landed
and have broken my spine,

but I can walk away,
I will walk away,
from the wreckage of my love,

And I will carry 
every fallen star
with me when I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment